Electric Solar Panels
Introduction to Electric Solar Panels
Despite the fact that there are many benefits of using electric solar panels, a great number of people are not familiar with the concept of solar power. The reasons for this are numerous and one of the most common reasons why not many people decide on getting an electric solar panel is that they do not have enough information about these panels. Another reason is the fact that electric solar panels are rather expensive to buy and install.
On the other hand, the very high price of electric solar panels is a result of the fact that they are not widely used in the UK. It leads to a conclusion that the price of electric solar panels will significantly reduce as soon as more people start using them. In order for this to happen, people should have all the information about the advantages of using electric solar panels.
Types of Electric Solar Panels
Electric solar panels or photovoltaic solar panels are designed to produce electricity by using the sunlight. There are three types of electric solar panels and those are:
- Polycrystalline Solar Electric Panels – Polycrystalline panels consist of a great number of small silicon crystals and these electric panels are the most common type of electric solar panels, although they are not as efficient as monocrystalline solar panels. On the other hand, they are a bit cheaper than the monocrystalline panels.
- Monocrystalline Solar Electric Panels – this type of electric solar panels is by far the most efficient one, as well as the most expensive type of electric solar panels. As opposed to polycrystalline panels, monocrystalline panels consist of one large silicon crystal and they are the best solution for people who want the electric solar panel of the highest quality, regardless of the price.
- Amorphous Solar Electric Panels – unlike the other two types of electric solar panels, amorphous panels are made out of silicon and they are a lot less efficient, thus a lot cheaper than monocrystalline and polycrystalline electric solar panels.
Things to Consider When Buying an Electric Solar Panel
Before deciding on buying an electric solar panel, there are some things people should pay attention to. The three most important things that must be very carefully thought through in order to choose the right electric solar panel are the following:
- Permissions – it is very important for people to be well informed about whether they need any special permission, such as a planning permission, for buying and installing an electric solar panel. These permissions are not required for the residents of the UK.
- Solid roof – it is very important for people to be aware of the fact that the roof of their house, where an electric solar panel is positioned, must be able to support the weight of the panel. It is advisable to consult a professional in order to find out whether the roof is endurable and strong enough before installing the panel.
- Position of an electric panel – in order for an electric solar panel to be efficient, it is necessary to place it in the right position. This means that it should be placed where there is enough sunlight and that people should avoid placing it anywhere near the trees, as they can overshadow the panel.